Thursday, October 28, 2010

How damaging is a perm on your hair?

I am graduating from 8th grade so i am trying to do something amazing with my hair. I am black, and i have really tight curled hair...nappy in other words. i wear my hair in braids all year round and i have never used chemicals in my hair before. should i perm or use relaxer in my hair? does it drastically change my hair to the point where i can't have it in single braids anymore? if i don't go for that option, will a straightener work on my hair? Thank you so much for your helpHow damaging is a perm on your hair?
Keep it real. Stay Natural. Some perms, even the mild ones, can take you hair out.How damaging is a perm on your hair?
i relaxed my hair at your age because i didn't want my mom braiding my hair anymore and i wanted a new look, something more grown up. You should know that you'll have to relax your hair about every 6 weeks or when ever you have an ample amount of new growth. This can be very costly, and should be done by a professional. If you choose to stay natural you can just straighten your hair from time to time and then you can still go back to braids.
first of all congradulations. i think you deserve it cause you spell alot better then some of the older people on here. To answer your Q%26gt; yes it can be very damaging if you do it yourself and not by a professional. go to a salon and get it done(perm/relaxer). you still will be able to braid it. straightners work on your type of hair but again have it done by a professional. if your on a budget i'd recommend that you just have it single braided.
You can be damaging your hair if you just got a perm on your edges or your whole head and you didn't let any new growth grow and you constantly keep on perming your hair.
I hav a perm in mi hair ( straight perm) but i got mine at ulta so itz not a real perm itzz just like a perm but it more relaxes your hair and mi hair lo0ks AWESOME now ! so0 it schould work 4 u mi hair isnt damaged!
I've had a perm so don't get one.It's very damaging that when you get sick of it and start to brush your hair back to normal you can't even brush it otherwise it becomes a big knot.Hope I've helped!
perms harm your hair alot, its really bad for it, my mom got a perm in high school, and her hair was down to her waist, she hated it so much, now its short and spikey (like an inch long)

No comments:

Post a Comment