Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brushing wet hair......when in shower?

Ok, so I plan on growing my hair out. Its already pretty long for modern standards, almost to mid-back when dry, some split ends actually touching my rear end when wet. I have naturally curly bronze/dirty blonde hair color.



Problemo #1: They say the three most important things to do with long hair is to a.) Condition it, b.) Let it air-dry, and c.) NEVER brush when wet. I have done all unintentially before even checking out online about this, but I don't do the latter. Why?



Like stated before, my hair is naturally curly. Those of you that have curly hair know how easily it frizzes, especially when you live in the South, where the humidity makes your brown sugar clump up so much you actually have to chop it up. You also know how easily it tangles, and how easily split ends affect it.



I'm not like most teenagers. I hate straighteners. My hair is too curly to completely straighten, and from what I've seen of other girls' hair, it only damages hair. Since I'm not willing to straighten my hair as is the norm, I better have my curls under control unless I want to get teased. Meaning, no frizzy hair. I'm nerdy and fashion moronic enough as it is, I certainly don't need the frizzy hair to complete the entire picture.



However, the minute I run a brush through my air-dried hair, the curls dissipate immediately, replacing a frizzy wave. Personally, I don't like it, but I can tolerate it. I'm not willing to tolerate people sniggering at me and asking if I'm a 80's-amish hybrid.



So, I get up at five o'clock every morning, take a shower, brush my hair WHILE WET, and let it airdry. Why do I do this? If I brush my hair when wet, it dries up looking nicely curled, not so frizzy, and untangled. If I comb my hair before showering and let it airdry, its curly, but frizzy. So, I resort to brushing my hair when wet, the number one thing people recommend not doing. I brush from bottom to top, but I'm still paranoid about getting worse split ends, as it gives my mother an excuse to make me cut my hair.



So....long story short (too late), is it ok for me to brush my hair in the shower? I don't have a wide toothed comb, and my hair is so thick those things are never strong enough to pull through without breaking or pulling my hair out. I've had the same cushion brush I've been using since 4th grade. (My mother is convinced a brush is a brush, and I don't need a new one if it isn't broken.)





Is it ok if I brush my hair in the shower, if I lather it with conditioner, first?







Note: Don't reccomend any hair products for the frizz. I've tried any hair.......beautiful when it wants to be, horrifying if you want to style it. Good thing I'm a nerd....that exist. They all do the same thing. Get rid of some frizz, and all curl. Grr.....stupid thick GermanBrushing wet hair......when in shower?
I think you should try using a pick. My hair becomes all frizzy and whatnot also when I comb it with a regular brush, but using a pick will detangle your hair while keeping it frizz free :)Brushing wet hair......when in shower?
You really need the hair product though! It helps a lot, trust me. Either a leave in conditioner or a curl creme that's especially for curly hair. Then do what I do.. take a shower before you go to sleep, I don't understand what the fuss is about that. I mean c'mon.. it's the same thing as taking it in the morning, u won't get dirty from sleeping in your bed overnight. -.-

When it's 60% wet braid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment