Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fun with straighteners!?

I got a flat iron straightener for x-mas, which is the first thing I've EVER been able to straighten my hair with. Anything else I've ever tried (and others have tried) just makes my hair into a big fuzz ball!! This one actually makes it sleek and smooth, which I LOVE. Although I don't want to wear my hair straight every day, it's very nice to have the option.



So my questions: How bad are flat irons for your hair? I mean, really? I know there are a lot of people who straighten their hair every day. If I use it for a day or two every couple weeks, will I really notice a difference in the health of my hair? Will deep conditionings once a week help to combat the damage I'm doing?



Also... since the first time I straightened it, there is a clump of hair that won't straighten again. Just the bottom half of the hairs stay straight, while all my other hair curls back up. Is this something that could happen to the rest of my hair? Do I just have to let that section grow out??Fun with straighteners!?
It's not exactly a bad thing if you use a straightner everyday. As long as you use a deep conditioning with good quality shampoo and conditioner it should be good. And if you go to the hairdresser to get your split ends trimmed. So you probably wont notice a differnece in the health of your hair as long as you do the above. :DFun with straighteners!?
Flat ironing your hair too much can cause split ends and cause your hair to get dry. Deep conditionings and regular trimmings should help combat that. Also, make sure you're using some sort of heat protection on your hair to also prevent damage.
straighteners only work on certain hair types. Also, hair strainers burn ur hair and they are even worst if ur hair is wet
i straighten my hair every day. i have been doing it for like 2 years now and it is healthy as ever. i think it depends though. i mean, if you have thin hair it wont exactly make it any healthier, it will most likely damage it. but if you have thick hair like me, it wont do anything at all.



also, the same thing happened to me. except it did it from the middle to the bottom, not from the top to the middle. you just have to take your time doing it and make sure you go a bit slower on the top than the bottom. and i always make sure it is on the highest level



( also use hairspray before or after, then brush it out )



hope this helps %26lt;33
i love my straightener too,

but too much of a good thing can be bad too!

too much using a hair straightener will damage , dry out, and frizzy-up your hair VERY BAD!!

a couple times a week isn`t so bad!! i do it normally 2 - 3 times a week.

I just be sure to deep condition it every time you shower.

this will prevent any real damage.

just let that curly section grow out i guess..

is your straightener cracked or broken- because this could make your hair not straight in certain areas.

you could always try running over that section of hair a couple times to be sure it goes straighter!!

good luckl.

x
Straightening your hair every day will damage it because of the heat. You will get alot of split ends, which eventually evolve into broken hairs, and your hair will dry out.



Make sure you use a good conditioner and before you use the flat iron, spray in some kind of heat protecting product. I use V05 Extreme Heat. It doesn't prevent every bit of damage, but it does help alot.
Ive been straightening my hair with GHD's everyday for about 4 years now (sometimes twice a day). Once a week i put a deep conditioning treatment on instead of my normal condition and even my hairdresser has noticed the difference (Dead Sea hair mask by Avon is my favorite). I don't have as many split ends as straighteners can cause this.

The key to getting perfect straight hair is blow drying it right. If you brush your hair in the direction you want it to set and ensure it is dry. Your half way to to perfect hair do. I used to have a natural kink in my hair and my hairdresser recommended the above to help it learn to settle that way and since has now settled.

Also don't forget a heat resistant serum while your hair is still wet. it can help to reduce the damage of the irons.

Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment