Sunday, November 14, 2010

How to keep your curls in tact?

I curl my hair using GHD straighteners (I know, straighteners to curl hair, well it is do-able), at night, I spray each one with strong hold spray. Then at the end when I'm finished I re-spray it. I can't afford anything else than the straighteners so basically if anyone has any tips because my curls are out by the morning and my hair just looks like rats-tails.

I have to recurl them in the morning too. But the wind makes my hair straight again. And when I straighten my hair, it makes my hair curly, but not a good curly, its more frizzy actually.

But anyway, if anyone knows any secrets on how to keep curls in please tell... lol.



Thanks

xHow to keep your curls in tact?
i used to do GHD curls..but it wrecks your hair and they look un-natural so i started putting my hair in a twisty bun at night and sleeping on it. Curls all next day :) and natural looking!! no hairspray or anything. make sure u use clips to hold the bun(s) NOT a hair tie (that will leave a deep icky kink in ur hair).How to keep your curls in tact?
i have some proper curling tongs you can have if you want. I will post them too you. ( no i'm not a freak just a kind generous person trying to get rid of something i never use!) I still think you have to do it in the morning tho. sleeping ruins everyones hairstyles, lol!
Why don't you put rollers.

Rollers will help keep the curl and mostly that your going to keep them over night. or just leave them on for 30 minutes and apply hairspray after and before if you like.

and if you want volume just get big rollers.

hope that helped a bit.
Make sure to put your hair up before you go to sleep because sleeping on them flattens them out. Put them in a bun and open it in the morning.



Use hairspray to hold them in place
Well first before you dry it put alot of strong moose, use a really strong hairspray after I use a boots hairspray its a purple bottle its really cheap and your hair won't move till you wash it!!
Lots and lots of good hair spray.
1 Apply a foam product that offers a bit of ';hold'; and comb or finger it through damp hair. Choose a good quality foam product, such as Aveda's Phomollient.

Step2 Make sure your hair is dry from root to tip. This will keep the curls in your hair longer. Curling hair when it is even slightly damp is a surefire way to lose them.

Step3 Separate your hair into sections before curling, so you will have curls around you entire head and not just on the top sections. Smaller sections of hair hold curls longer than larger sections.

Step4 Use a heat-activated product when you begin curling your hair. Heat-activated hairsprays and gels work with your curling iron to increase hold. The Thermasilk line from Unilever works well.

Step5 Make curls tighter than you want them to look. Curls will fall and loosen. Tightening them in the beginning will give you more freedom when styling your hair.

Step6 Apply a quality finishing product to make sure the curls don't fall. Try Aveda's Air Control hair spray. It's designed to protect your curls from their No. 1 enemy, humidity.



Warnings;



Tuck a small bottle of hairspray in your purse so you will have it on hand when your curls require freshening. Wrap the curls that are falling around your finger and spray lightly, hold for a second to allow the spray to dry.



Style carefully. Use your fingers to loosen you curls, rather than a brush or comb. Using a brush or comb will make your curls look frizzy and make them fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment