Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Curly hair tips! 10 points! :)?

okay i have quite curly hair which is abit of a pain! ive given up trying to fight the fact but now dont no what to do with it to get the best curls



I just want a way of having looser bigger curls rather than lots of small curls!



ive tried scrunching it but it never looks right so i dont no if im doing it wrong?

i was wondering if a diffuser would be any good? and if so should i get a really big diffuser thing or a smaller one? how do you know if a diffuser will suit/work for your hair type?



Also....if i grew my hair longer (its about an inch n a half past shoulder length atm when straight) would it get less curly?



my hair is very fine if that changes anything?



eurgh!!

any help would be much appreciated



thanks xxx



BTW! i dont want to use straighteners as they damage my hair to much so dont bother suggesting that! thanksCurly hair tips! 10 points! :)?
of course your not stuck with your curls.

* wash your hair with a glossy conditioner and a smooth shampoo, afterwards blow dry your hair applying mouse as you go but also brush out your hair for looser more even curls.

* then when your hair is dry it should look alot more settled , so then get a comb and brush through your hair slowly but hardly this will stretch the curls and hair, then apply a little more mouse to your now dry hair and put your whole hand over a loop of hair and squeeze in one place tight.

Keep doing this all over and your sure to have long lasting loose curls! x

good luck babe.Curly hair tips! 10 points! :)?
How To Survive Curly Hair: curly hair tips, tricks, %26amp; advice



I have naturally curly hair, and I mean tight corkscrews. Throughout the years I have fought with it, played with it, straightened it, despaired of it, and blown it dry within an inch of its life. I have spent more hours than I care to think of in front of a mirror with a blow dryer in one hand and a brush in the other. That’s certainly helped. However, since I have no control over the weather my hair continued to look freakishly bad whenever it got damp. However, I still insisted on wearing it straight. My metamorphosis came about 2 years ago during yet another period when I didn't know what to do with my hair. My stylist talked me into letting my hair grow and wearing it curly. I fought him all the way. (At that time my hair was very, very short so I had a long time to fight with him.) I explained to him that wearing my hair “natural” made me look like Little Orphan Annie on a bad hair day. At first I would only agree to the growing part, but one day when nothing I did with my blow dryer and straightening iron looked right, I tried it curly. I used some of the styling products he had suggested and after fooling around with it I realized that my curly style didn’t look half bad. Then I began experimenting with different styling techniques and began trying different products made to be used specifically for curly hair. Now I wouldn’t wear it any other way. Along the way, I learned a few things too:



* First, and perhaps most importantly, find a stylist who really knows how to cut curly hair and build a rapport with him or her. (For advice on finding a good stylist, you may want to check out my tips on both how to Find A Curly Hair Salon Near You and How To Choose A Colorist and Stylist.)

* Curls come in all shapes, sizes, and textures. Recognize your hair type and use products that are right for you. For instance, even though I have very tight curls I also have very fine hair. It took a long time to finally figure out that I also needed to address the “fine hair issue.” I now use a spray to give my hair extra body.

* Don't wash your hair every day. I used to faithfully wash my hair every morning until a number of stylists advised me against it. Now, I wash my hair twice a week and condition it daily. They were right, my hair is much shinier and in better condition.

* Don't ';towel dry'; your hair (i.e. rub it with a towel). Rather, gently squeeze the water out with a towel. My stylist actually recommends throwing your head forward and blotting your hair with paper towels.

* If you have your hair colored in any way, use shampoos and conditioners that are “color safe.” Numerous brands make them.

* Experiment with hair ornaments. I haven't had all that much luck with combs and clips (my hair is fine) but I realized that with longer hair I could wear headbands. Great on a ';bad hair day,'; in the summer, or when you want to show off a fabulous pair of earrings.



CURLY HAIR PRODUCTS



Apparently, lots of other folks have learned to love their curls and the hair care industry has taken notice. There are loads and loads of products and brands aimed at us curly heads in all price ranges. The complete list is of products is too numerous to mention and there is not a ';best'; (remember what may work on coarse curls may not work on fine). However with that in mind, the following are some products that I’ve been hearing about:



AG available at Spiralhaircase.com



*



Details Defining Cream

*



Fast Food

*



Recoil



Aveda available at CosmeticMall.com



*



Be Curly Enhancing Lotion

*



Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner



Bumble and Bumble Curls Conscious Products available at StrawberryNET.com



Curlfriends - developed by a curly hair stylist, these products are available at drugstore.com.



DevaCurl products (this is the line I'm currently using -- as are a lot of other people). Developed by a huge curly hair advocate and stylist, these products are available at CosmeticMall.com.



Frederic Fekkai available at Sephora.com



*



Luscious Curls Shampoo

*



Hair Mask With Shea Butter



Goldwell available at Beautydeals.net



*



Goldwell Kerasilk- Ultra Rich Care Treatment. This great conditioner helped my curls get back into shape when my hair became very dry. It's a regular in my routine now.

*



Goldwell Goldwell Curl Definition Leave In Serum



Matrix Curl Life available at Folica.com.



Modern Elixirs available at Spiralhaircase.com



*



Styling Cream (a favorite of my own stylist)

*



Styling Serum



Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment available at Beauty.com.



Ouidad - another line developed by a noted curly hair stylist. These products are available at Ouidad.com.



Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo available at drugstore.com
If you grow your hair out it won't get less curly, maybe more loose curls but not less curly. You can never loose your natural curls ( :





Turn upside down and spray freshly washed roots with volumizing or texturizing spray. Massage it in (stylist Garren insists the rubbing motion creates body and texture). I like Bumble and Bumble or you can try Aveda volumizing tonic .

If hair is naturally coarse or curly, work a straightening balm through hair.

Brush hair (this works the product evenly through hair). Blowdry hair straight, starting at the roots to get extra volume. Hair must be completely dry for this look to work. Blow cold air at the roots to add volume (cold air locks in a style).

Separate hair into three sections, securing with a ponytail holder. (It's easier this way to curl your way through each section).

To curl hair, use a wide-barrel curling iron. Starting with one section, take a 1-inch portion of hair, spritz it with styling spray (again, I love Bumble and Bumble Styling Spray) or hairspray. Wrap hair around the barrel of the curling iron. (Wrapping hair is different from the traditional curling method. You don't want to 'clip' hair into the barrel. Wrapping allows you to curl all the way to the root). When you're curling, make sure to leave ends loose to avoid a crimp mark.



Release the curl after about 5-10 seconds (hold longer if you want a tighter curl). You should have a corkscrew curl.

Roll curl and bobby pin it close to the scalp. (I'm lazy, so I skip this step to save time).

Alternate the direction of the curl as you work your way through each section. (It's all in the direction you wind hair around the barrel of the curling iron. Start by placing hair on top of the barrel and wrapping around, then switch by putting the barrel on top of the hair before winding it around). Alternating directions makes curls look more natural. Some curls can remain tight, some loose.

Once pinned curls have cooled, release them.

Remove nozzle from dryer and gently loosen waves with cool air. You can also separate curls with your fingers, just make sure not to brush them out.

To add shine, spritz a hair serum . Stylist David Babaii finger-combs Biosilk Silk Therapy serum into actress Kate Hudson's hair (May 2007, InStyle). You can forego hair serum and spritz with saltwater spray. I like John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves Sea spray.

Set with hairspray. Just don't overdo it, you don't want new waves to feel ';crunchy.';
k heres what i did i put in lotion to straighten my hair and it loosened my curls
just straighten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment