Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can hair tongs and straighteners go up to such a high temperature with burning your hair?

My straighteners go up to 200C and my curling tongs you can adjust from 160C to 220C.

I know that too much usage can damage your hair but what I am trying to figure out is why doesn't it burn the hair when you use. Why doesn't it catch on fire?

Boiling water is only 100C. I cook food in my oven at 220C but I wouldn't like to put my hair in the oven.How can hair tongs and straighteners go up to such a high temperature with burning your hair?
because, there isnt a flame, and its just a ceramic heat.



and the heat opens the hair cuticle.

and then alows the hair to be moulded

then when the hair cools.

the cuticle closes.



the heat doesnt actually affect the hairs core



hope this helps?How can hair tongs and straighteners go up to such a high temperature with burning your hair?
Your hair is dead so it doesn't matter!
it DOES damage your hair!!! i used to straighten my hair daily for five years and now i cant even IMAGINE putting one of those things near my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment