Sunday, November 14, 2010

What will happen to your hair if you...?

If you flat iron it every day? I have shoulder length layered hair. It was originally down to my waist but I got it cut...Ever since then it has curled and curled and I couldn't get it straight. So my dad bought me a Flat Iron. I want to flat iron it every day for school. But my friend said she straightened her hair with a straightener every day and it thinned her hair out almost to the point of falling out. So she wore her hair in a ponytail for almost two weeks without straightening it. Is there a difference between a flat iron and a straightener?? Would flat ironing every day thin my hair out too? Would it damage my hair at all? Now that I have a flat iron, I am thinking about growing my hair out again..would flat ironing every day make it so my hair can't grow anymore? Thank you for reading this and answering too! I can't tell you how much it would help me! %26lt;3 %26lt;3 to you all!What will happen to your hair if you...?
As far as I know straightening your hair is by chemicals but flat ironing it it a temporary straightening technique.



If you don't use good products in your hair and put in a leave in conditioner and even a thermal protector then yes your hair will get damaged everyday from the heat. When you damage your hair you get split ends which means your hair is basically singed at the ends and just breaks off. Which is again why it is good to use good products and get a trim every few weeks to months (depending on your hairs condition and type). Especially if you want to grow it out.



So, no, flat ironing your hair every day will not ruin it. It will cause stress but it is possible to grow it out and have nice hair while using heat. Might I suggest though to try out your curly locks to maybe give your self a new look for a day there are lots of glamorous hair styles with curly hair, that is cute and can give your hair a rest or even you need a break from the same old same old. Just play with it. Maybe Youtube some videos for some ideas.



Also I want to let you know I use Abba products that are professional salon quality products they are the best! I have used their, what is now called, pure and gentle leave-in conditioner and I used to live in the dry cold, with bleached blond hair, and this stuff kept my split ends to a minimum. And I did use a curling iron every day to straighten my hair.



Also Abba carries a thermal heat protector and activator that I am not sure what the new name is(they are currently changing the names of the products, but still the same stuff) it was called Sets. Great stuff and I am sure using that it will also help your naturally curly hair from springing back to life. LOL You will not find this at Sally's you'll have to go to a actual salon or open to the public beauty warehouse.What will happen to your hair if you...?
When i was younger i had really thick nice hair. I started flat ironing it everyday as well. Its not a great idea to put that much heat to your hair everyday. Everytime you iron it it sizzles off a few hairs. Id highly suggest you dont iron it EVERY day, takes some breaks and do something dif with your hair some days. Also the days you do straighten it use ';Beyond the zone turn up the heat flat iron protection'; It help shield the hair from heat damage. It really works well. This should help alot. :)
There is no difference between a flat iron and a straightener. They are both the same thing, just different names for it. Your friend is right, you really shouldn't straighten (or flat iron) it everyday; your hair will become so damaged that it will just fall out.



Use a hot oil treatment weekly and use good hair products.
Trust me. My sister does it all the time it cause dry hair. It also will cause A LOT of split ends.



Flat iron and straightener are the same.

Trust me if your going to flat iron your hair do it like 2 times a week no more. It will severly damage your hair if you do it more.

Try a heat shield it might help!

;]
the reason her hair fell out is cuz the straightener was used so much on her hair it fried it also called damaged like if you dye ur hair to much but anyways they are the same thing so if i were you i would do it every 2 days that's what i do and i have thick pretty and straight hair!
flat iron and straightener: same thing



i straighten mine everyday and its pretty much fried.

but its okay cause you cant really tell.

it will only get thinner if you have thin hair already.

try protexx heat protection spray.

its a hair saver.



yes, i flat iron can be damaging, but if you take good care of your hair you should be fine.



hope i helped.
You could easily get dry, brittle hair. I would recommend using a special type of product to renew your hair. Overall, it's not that good of a thing to do.
i flat iron my hair everyday. it cant literally make your hair stop growing. and there isn't a difference between a flat iron and a straightener .. all it does, as a negative, is dry out your ends.

(;
isnt a hair starightener and a flat iron the same thing?... and just go to shooppers drug mart or walmart and get some spray that has heat defense
get a good flat iron with ceremic plate, it helps alot with the damage . put a heat shield on it (spray) and use a good conditioner.
you can flat iron it everyday without hurting your hair IF you're taking good care of it. get some good products and make sure you're put some moisture in your hair. try Silky Sexy Hair, Redken's Smooth Down, or Matrix' Sleek.Look.



Also try a dime size of Biosilk's Silk Therapy or CHI's Silk Infusion on your hair while it's wet before you blow dry.



don't pull your hair with your flat iron, just lightly clamp down and slide. and ask for a chi, cricket, tigi or goldnhot flat iron for christmas! [i use a cricket on my clients and i love it!]



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment